I am a very "anxious" type of person. Those of you who know me well can vouch for me. In my early twenties I went to the doctor and he prescribed to me what my mother and I call "happy pills". They seemed to help somewhat but not so much as I was hoping. For a few years I was on and off again with those happy little things with no significant results. A marriage, several moves, numerous jobs including joining Mary Kay and a divorce later I was, what I felt, beyond help from the happy pills. I had no idea what to do with myself other than live with my anxiety which was somewhat damaging to almost every relationship I had because I was, putting it nicely for soft ears, a tad bit cranky. My family teased me constantly and I felt like I was always in such a whirlwind and super moody.
While trying to build my Mary Kay business a good friend of mine and her mother had agreed to hold a "facial party" for me. During the party we exchanged small-talk and her mother, Linda, had told me about the business that she was in. She introduced to me a product I had heard about before but never took a second thought about, krill oil. Not just any krill oil though, the BEST krill you can buy. So we made a deal together, she enjoyed her facial with me and I would listen to her speech about the krill and at least try some.
I have been "trying" the krill oil ever since that day and I love it. It is literally one of the best things that ever goes into my body. That sounds a tad cheesy but if you knew my diet you'd agree.
A few months back I stopped taking the krill. I decided I just didn't need it. I was just fine. WRONG! Kyle and I argued several times and we almost never argue normally, no one could stand to talk to me, I was wound up and right back in that same whirlwind as before. So I quickly started back up on the krill and promised myself never to go through that again.
Yesterday Kyle and I were at my mom's house because it was my dad's birthday. We were all just bumming around eating cake and chatting, or at least everyone else was. I was sitting on the couch trying my hardest not to freaking freak out! I felt like I was going to explode. Every sound was insanely loud. There seemed to be a hundred people talking all at once. I was feeling all hot and sweaty like I might incinerate. All I could think is that I wanted to punch somebody.
After the party I was chatting with my mom and she just so happened to ask me, "have you taken your krill lately?" I felt so guilty but had to tell her that no, I hadn't. In fact, when she came to my house a week ago to take a few because she had run out she ended up taking all of them and instead of informing her of this I had made the ginormous mistake of thinking that I could make it just a few more days until my new order came in. Ouch.
So from this day forward I pledge never, ever, ever to forget or refuse to take my krill oil pills. For everyone's safety.
The end.
Lets all be happy! :)
Lets all be happy! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment